Aggregate Plant Operator
West Point, AL
We are seeking an experienced and reliable Aggregate Plant Operator to oversee plant production and ensure the efficient loading out of aggregate materials. Wiregrass Construction is committed to taking care of our employees and offers excellent compensation and low-cost benefits, with our health insurance costing as low as $18 per week for a single employee. If you’re interested in joining an established and growing company with opportunities for career advancement, we encourage you to apply and grow with us!
As an Aggregate Plant Operator, you will play a crucial role in maintaining a safe work environment and adhering to all safety and environmental regulations.
- Manufacture various aggregate products according to ASTM and customer job site specifications.
- Conduct pre- and post-shift inspections, reporting any plant conditions requiring repair.
- Operate controls to batch materials accurately.
- Read and write delivery tickets to determine the type of aggregate required for each load.
- Perform calculations for different load sizes.
- Load aggregates into haul trucks.
- Issue delivery tickets to haul truck drivers.
- Operate loader to supply material to the crusher.
- Maintain communication with dispatchers and drivers.
- Control inventory of materials.
- Perform shoveling of aggregate material for repairs and general housekeeping.
- Remove spilled materials from walkways through shoveling and sweeping.
- Order parts from outside suppliers and arrange for driver pickup.
- Perform plant maintenance tasks.
- Compile reports on plant production.
- Proactively troubleshoot issues and maintain the work environment while adhering to regulations.
- Immediately notify the department lead of any potential safety or equipment issues.
- Follow processes and procedures correctly.
- Wear appropriate clothing, shoes, and personal protective equipment.
- Perform any other duties as assigned or required.
- Ability to quickly acquire understanding and absorb new information.
- Analytical skills to analyze data from various sources and draw reasonable conclusions.
- Sound judgment and decision-making ability, applying consistent logic, rationality, and objectivity.
- Pragmatic approach to generate realistic and practical solutions to problems.
- Maintain confidentiality and display ethical behavior in all business dealings.
- Ability to plan, organize, and schedule work efficiently and effectively prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Maintain composure under heavy pressure from clients, supervisors, or company officers.
- Adaptability to changing priorities and work demands without compromising performance or team dynamics.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Active listening and comprehension skills.
- Exhibit a can-do attitude.
- Reliable, responsible, and dependable.
- Lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to 50 lbs. for approximately 50% of the time.
- Stand, walk, and climb for approximately 50% of the time.
- Occasional sitting in a normal position for an extended time for approximately 50% of the time.
- Frequent reaching, handling, and feeling for approximately 70% of the time.
- Frequent use of finger dexterity for approximately 70% of the time.
- Moderate to high noise level.
- The work environment is not environmentally controlled, exposed to extreme heat and cold.
- High school diploma or equivalent (preferred).
- Two to three years of experience in the asphalt field with a safe driving record within Company MVR policy guidelines.
- Six months to one year of experience in mechanical maintenance and welding/fabrication.
- Basic knowledge of specifications for different finished materials.
- Familiarity with equipment capabilities.
- Ability to recognize various products by sight and understand proper plant operation.
- Proficiency in mechanical repair.
- Basic math skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
The posted salary or pay compensation ranges are approximate and dependent on applicable experience and qualifications. Upper ranges are flexible.
EEO: Wiregrass Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will not discriminate based on creed/national origin/religion/color/sex/age/wage and status as individual with a disability or protected veteran.