Class A CDL Driver
We are seeking new and experienced Class A Drivers to join our construction team. Wiregrass Construction is committed to taking care of our employees and offers excellent compensation and low-cost benefits, with our health insurance costing as low as $18 per week for a single employee. If you’re interested in joining an established and growing company with opportunities for career advancement, we encourage you to apply and grow with us!
The CDL Driver is a skilled craft position responsible for safely transporting materials to and from job sites. The driver will also perform various tasks as required by the workflow on construction projects. This hourly-rated position requires a valid Class “A” CDL license and a clean driving record.
- Safely transport materials to and from job sites, adhering to all traffic and safety regulations.
- Conduct daily safety checks on the vehicle, including fluid levels and inspections for leaks and damage.
- Load and unload construction and paving equipment in a safe manner.
- Operate construction and/or paving equipment when necessary.
- Familiarity with the safe operation of construction and/or paving equipment.
- Maintain compliance with all USDOT and FMCSA safety regulations.
- Perform pre-and post-trip inspections, completing Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR).
- Calculate weights of equipment with truck/trailer combinations to ensure compliance with DOT permitting restrictions and guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with FMCSA cargo securement rules and regulations.
- Possess a current medical examiner’s certificate (FMCSR part 391.41).
- Ability to work day or night shifts as required.
- Perform incidental work items and duties as assigned.
Qualification Requirements: General:
- Ability to satisfactorily perform each Key Duty.
- Must have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Reasonable accommodation can be made for individuals with disabilities.
Education and Experience:
- Previous experience as a CDL Driver is required.
- High school diploma or GED (preferred).
- Ability to understand work directions and communicate effectively with supervisors and colleagues.
- Able to stand, stoop, bend, and crouch for extended periods.
- Lift up to 50 pounds independently and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
- Manual dexterity to secure cargo using chains and load-binding devices.
- Maintain constant alertness in a construction site environment.
- Walk on uneven surfaces in varying weather conditions.
- Work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Exposure to high levels of noise, grease, and dust common in construction projects.
- Proximity to heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Proximity to high-traffic areas, both within and outside construction zones.
- Exposure to substances commonly found on construction sites such as oil, grease, gasoline, diesel fuel, and asphalt.
The posted salary or pay compensation ranges are approximate and dependent on applicable experience and qualifications. Upper ranges are flexible.
EEO: Wiregrass Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will not discriminate based on creed/national origin/religion/color/sex/age/wage and status as individual with a disability or protected veteran.