We are seeking a skilled and experienced Grading Foreman to supervise field operations for Earthwork/Roadway/Grading projects. Wiregrass Construction is committed to taking care of our employees and offers excellent compensation and low-cost benefits, with our health insurance costing as low as $18 per week for a single employee. If you’re interested in joining an established and growing company with opportunities for career advancement, we encourage you to apply and grow with us!
As the Grading Foreman, you will directly oversee and coordinate the activities of the grading crew. Additionally, you may also engage in the trade work of the employees under your supervision. This is a crucial role that requires strong leadership, technical expertise, and effective communication skills.
- Directly supervise the grading crew, ensuring efficient and safe completion of tasks.
- Report work progress to the Superintendent, providing timely updates on project status.
- Demonstrate expertise in operating and handling various types of heavy equipment for dirt and site projects.
- Possess extensive knowledge of dirt work, including excavation, grade work, surveying, and final excavating work.
- Read, understand, and interpret drawings and specifications related to the project.
- Monitor crews to ensure organizational structure, crew mix ratios, and wage compliance align with the Superintendent’s directives.
- Provide accurate and comprehensive reports on time and materials used.
- Oversee the implementation of safety orientations and safety indoctrination, offering coaching for improvement when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned, contributing to the overall success of the project.
Qualification Requirements – General:
To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed for this position.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of previous experience as a Site Foreman is required; this is not an entry-level position.
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills to effectively manage and prioritize tasks.
- Strong ability to understand work directions and communicate efficiently with management and fellow employees.
- Physical stamina and strength to meet the physical demands of the job, including standing, bending, lifting heavy objects, and working in various weather conditions.
- Capability to maintain constant alertness to multiple activities on the construction site.
- Proficiency in entering confined spaces and climbing in and out of excavations up to 20 feet in depth, when required.
- Ensuring safe access on and off heavy mobile equipment.
- Work is primarily conducted outdoors, subject to all weather conditions.
- The work environment may expose employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust associated with construction projects.
- Regular proximity to heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Exposure to common substances found on construction sites, such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel, and ready-mixed concrete.
The posted salary or pay compensation ranges are approximate and dependent on applicable experience and qualifications. Upper ranges are flexible.
EEO: Wiregrass Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will not discriminate based on creed/national origin/religion/color/sex/age/wage and status as individual with a disability or protected veteran.