Quarry Heavy Equipment Operator
West Point, AL
We are currently seeking a skilled and experienced Quarry Heavy Equipment Operator to join our team on the night shift at our quarry/aggregate facility. Wiregrass Construction is committed to taking care of our employees and offers excellent compensation and low-cost benefits, with our health insurance costing as low as $18 per week for a single employee. If you’re interested in joining an established and growing company with opportunities for career advancement, we encourage you to apply and grow with us!
As a Quarry Heavy Equipment Operator, you will play a crucial role in operating heavy equipment, primarily loaders, and performing essential plant maintenance tasks to ensure the smooth operation of the facility. The ideal candidate will have prior experience operating loaders in a quarry or similar environment, along with a strong background in plant maintenance. Safety consciousness, teamwork, and a commitment to maintaining equipment efficiency are essential.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safety: Adhere to safety protocols and guidelines to maintain a safe working environment. Follow relevant regulations and industry best practices while operating equipment and handling materials.
- Professional Development: Actively participate in safety meetings, training sessions, and other professional development activities to enhance skills and knowledge.
- Equipment Operation: Operate various heavy equipment, primarily loaders, to load and unload materials such as aggregate, stone, sand, and gravel. Safely transport materials within the quarry/aggregate facility using loaders and ensure timely delivery to designated areas.
- Plant Maintenance: Perform routine plant maintenance tasks, including lubrication, inspection, and adjustment of equipment such as crushers, screens, conveyors, and pumps.
- Preventive Maintenance: Conduct preventive maintenance activities, such as changing filters, belts, and bearings, as well as maintaining fluid levels and greasing equipment.
- Troubleshooting and Repairs: Troubleshoot equipment issues, identify malfunctions, and perform minor repairs or adjustments as needed.
- Operating Procedures: Follow established operating procedures and safety protocols to minimize risks and maintain a safe work environment.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with the production team to ensure efficient material flow and meet production targets.
- Equipment Setup and Takedown: Assist in the setup and takedown of equipment for plant maintenance or repair activities.
- Environmental Compliance: Adhere to all environmental regulations and guidelines to minimize impact on the surrounding area.
- Communication: Communicate effectively with supervisors and other team members to coordinate tasks and ensure smooth operations.
- Documentation: Complete required documentation, including logbooks, work orders, maintenance records, and inspection reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Proven experience in aggregate plant and equipment maintenance, including knowledge of crushers, screens, conveyors, pumps, and associated equipment.
- Strong understanding of equipment operation, maintenance procedures, safety protocols, and best practices.
- Proficient in diagnosing equipment issues, performing repairs, and conducting preventive maintenance tasks.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination, depth perception, and spatial awareness.
- Physical fitness and stamina to withstand long hours of operating heavy equipment and performing manual tasks.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow instructions accurately.
- Willingness to work night shifts, weekends, and overtime as required.
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those encountered by an equipment operator while performing the essential functions of this job:
- Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions, with a combination of indoor office work and outdoor site work as needed.
- The work environment periodically exposes employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust typically associated with an aggregate site.
- Employees regularly work near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Work involves proximity to high traffic.
The posted salary or pay compensation ranges are approximate and dependent on applicable experience and qualifications. Upper ranges are flexible.
EEO: Wiregrass Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will not discriminate based on creed/national origin/religion/color/sex/age/wage and status as individual with a disability or protected veteran.