We are seeking a skilled and experienced Surveyor to join our team. Wiregrass Construction is committed to taking care of our employees and offers excellent compensation and low-cost benefits, with our health insurance costing as low as $18 per week for a single employee. If you’re interested in joining an established and growing company with opportunities for career advancement, we encourage you to apply and grow with us!
As a Surveyor, you will play a crucial role in our civil construction projects, personally performing construction staking tasks across all phases of the projects. Your responsibilities will include reading blueprints, performing field computations, and assisting the party chief with layout and shooting grades. You will also be responsible for constructing layout files from site plans and civil drawings.
- Read blueprints and perform field computations from plans for accurate layouts.
- Assist the party chief with layout and shooting grades.
- Construct layout files from site plans and civil drawings.
- Set up and operate robotic total station, back sights, prism poles, and data collectors for precise layouts.
- Set up GPS base and rover packages and operate them for accurate layout.
- Utilize Survey Pro software and Trimble field software for performing layouts.
- Run level loops and provide grades for control set up and general layout.
- Ensure equipment is clean and calibrated.
- Provide field training to crew members.
- Obtain necessary safety training certifications provided by the company.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with AutoCAD and/or Trimble Business Center.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in construction staking.
- Proficiency in building 3D models for grading and paving.
- Ability to build files with points and elevation for field layout.
- Proficient in using Survey Pro Surveying software for computations and layouts.
- Strong leadership and communication skills to guide survey assistants and site foremen effectively.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and communication abilities.
- Proficient in operating engineering equipment used in the field, as well as computer and office equipment.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
The physical demands of this job include standing, walking, using hands for various tasks, reaching, climbing, or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, and talking or hearing. Occasional sitting may be required. The employee should be capable of lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment for this position may vary and is typically encountered in the field. It may include exposure to outdoor elements and construction sites. Reasonable accommodation will be provided to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The posted salary or pay compensation ranges are approximate and dependent on applicable experience and qualifications. Upper ranges are flexible.
EEO: Wiregrass Construction is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will not discriminate based on creed/national origin/religion/color/sex/age/wage and status as individual with a disability or protected veteran.